Join us online at COVERGENCE OCT 22-23
The University Tech/Startup Gap Fund and Accelerator Summit
- 20 in-depth gap fund/accelerator program reviews
- Breakout and group discussions on common challenges
- Corporate and Investor partnering panels
- Networking web-site and associated materials
The Venture Accelerator at UCLA Anderson, the university’s newest and most prolific business startup program, will take center stage at the Google Venice campus on November 6, 2019 from 5:00-7:30pm. The top companies will present to an audience of angel investors, Anderson donors and early-stage venture capitalists in an effort to raise capital for their up-and-coming companies. The accelerator program sees an 85% success rate due to its unique and curated program for each and every startup. The Venture Accelerator is also one of the most diverse accelerator programs in the country with more than 7 countries represented and 6 female-led companies.
Launched in 2016, the 6-month immersive program is a vital support system for startups. The accelerator provides opportunities for UCLA students, researchers and alumni to translate their entrepreneurial visions into innovative solutions that benefit society.
Fast facts about the innovative start-ups that will debut at the Showcase:
Participants | 14
Countries Represented | 7
Female-led Teams | 6
Alumni Companies | 4
Each of the 10 companies will have 5 minutes to pitch their idea and future goals to potential investors in an effort to win financial support and backing from the various attendees. Additionally, 4 UCLA alumni companies who have proven success will be given 2 minutes to present as well.
“I see no better place for these startups to launch themselves then right here in the heart of Silicon Beach,” says Trish Halamandaris, Director, Venture Accelerator at UCLA Anderson. “These are some of the best and brightest groups I have seen go through this program. The fact that UCLA Anderson gets to play a role in their scaling efforts is incredible. Watch this space to be blown away by all they accomplish and succeed over the next several months.”
The upcoming showcase will include companies such as:
- A groundbreaking organization, 81cents, who help women and underrepresented minorities understand if they’re being paid fairly.
- A financial company, InnoDT, who created a real-time blockchain data and insights platform that empowers exchanges and investors with behavioral tools to research the activity behind any address and transactions.
- A female founded SaaS platform, Lanikai Labs, that provides real-time communication and artificial intelligence for connected devices.
- An alumni company, KPOP Foods, that is actively delivering Korean foods, condiments and flavors to America.
The Venture Accelerator at UCLA Anderson offers a launch pad for its student and alumni startup companies as well as for business creators. Entrepreneurs in residence, mentors, Anderson students and faculty work with Accelerator teams to support the development of their early stage ventures and connect teams to members of well-developed networks in the entrepreneurial and early stage investing communities. The startups range across a variety of industries including enterprise technology, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, AI digital learning and real estate. The cohort program is by application on the website and supports early stage companies from across UCLA’s graduate programs and the LA ecosystem. UCLA continues to be a key player in the LA startup ecosystem with the cohort and equal access and support for all early stage companies to benefit from the Anderson family and alumni expertise. Since the program’s inception, there have been 38 portfolio companies, 2 acquisitions, $35M in funding raised, and a handful of the stand-out companies are already generating more than $2M/year.