Join us online at COVERGENCE OCT 22-23
The University Tech/Startup Gap Fund and Accelerator Summit
- 20 in-depth gap fund/accelerator program reviews
- Breakout and group discussions on common challenges
- Corporate and Investor partnering panels
- Networking web-site and associated materials
i2E has collaborated with The Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology , the University of Oklahoma’s Office of Technology Development, Oklahoma State University’s Office of Intellectual Property Management and Licensing, and Cowboy Technologies, LLC to develop a regional Proof-of-Concept Center. Combining i2E’s venture advisory and investment teams with university technology commercialization staff the OPCC will identify promising technologies developed at the two comprehensive public research institutions and accelerate the commercialization of those technologies.
The project is designed to determine optimal market alignment, create a commercialization road map and ascertain the amount of funding required to achieve initial product development and market entry.
The OPCC is an innovative model for accelerating commercialization of promising Oklahoma technologies, not just those originating in the two comprehensive public research universities, but other research institutions and research support organizations.
i2E has executed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University and Cowboy Technologies, LLC to outline the projects goals, objectives and commitment of resources for the fiscal year.
Partners agreed to allocate and provide resources to develop the content and processes, and implement the POCC project to:
- Identify pre-commercial opportunities within universities’ technology disclosures and portfolios.
- Evaluate relevant markets for identified technologies.
- Develop pre-market prototypes utilizing industry and potential customer input
- Produce a Minimum Viable Product using fewer iterations
- Place prototypes in front of ideal first customers quickly to obtain direct market validation
- Work with innovation coaches and business builders to create the foundation for and launch viable startups
- As appropriate, provide focused pre-seed and seed capital to high priority opportunities, accelerating those projects’ ability to meet specific milestones and increase value.