Join us online at COVERGENCE OCT 22-23
The University Tech/Startup Gap Fund and Accelerator Summit
- 20 in-depth gap fund/accelerator program reviews
- Breakout and group discussions on common challenges
- Corporate and Investor partnering panels
- Networking web-site and associated materials
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – World changing. High growth. The Purdue Foundry has unveiled its first cohort for the Double Down Experiment (DDX), which includes nine businesses ready to reach the next level with technologies designed to advance the world.
The nine businesses were selected by the Purdue Foundry staff from among the 253 companies the organization has helped during its six years in operation. The Double Down companies range from precision agriculture to education to medical innovations.
“We have carefully selected a handful of companies that have proven their technologies and innovations are ready to change the world,” said Angela Goldenstein, director of growth for Purdue Foundry. “Now, we are ready to help them move to the next level.”
The Purdue Foundry co-hosted The Big Show on Oct. 10 to showcase the innovators and business builders selected for the experiment.
“This Double Down Experiment is part of our increased focus on growing the companies that we have helped form and launch over the past six years,” said Bill Arnold, managing director of Purdue Foundry. “We want to mentor and provide resources to help them grow and achieve even greater success. This experiment complements the Firestarter and Business Planning programs we offer to earlier stage companies at the Purdue Foundry.”
The nine companies selected for the Double Down Experiment are:
* Explore Interactive – creating an augmented reality platform to redefine STEM education.
* GRYFN – precise drone sensing and analytics services for crop breeders.
* NutraMaize – commercializing more nutritious Orange Corn in the U.S.
* Phytoption – replacing chemicals in food with natural functional ingredients.
* Predictive Wear – smart garments to reclaim your health.
* Rogo – three times more accurate soil sampling services with autonomous SmartCore robot.
* SpeechVive – giving people with Parkinson’s a voice.
* Tudr – a peer-to-peer knowledge-sharing marketplace for college students.
* VinSense – an innovative decision software system for agricultural crop production.